Friday, October 5, 2012

No, no, this is not a stock photo.  This is an actual pic my little sis took of her toddler's new reading nook.

Isn't it the coolest?!

I almost wish I had such a nook.

When interrogated as to how she built such a beautiful area, she said the shelves are simply spice racks from Ikea.  

What?!  Amazing.

Megin also humbly stated that she absolutely stole the idea from countless others on the Internet, but that it was easy-peasy.  Spray paint a few letters from your local big box store, and you're good to go!

We love reading in our family and do it every chance we get. 

I remember holding a squalling 12-pound, 3-week old Caleb years ago in the wee hours of the morning, bouncing him about and trying to read Curious George to him to soothe his tears.  Didn't work.  Maybe it was George, maybe it was me or the rhythm of the bounce; nevertheless, on he cried.

I kept at it.  We read and read all through his infancy and early childhood.  And now?  He reads all the day long, as do each of my children.  I love it.






Currently we are reading aloud, "Island of the Blue Dolphins".  We still make time in our days to read aloud all together and enjoy the rise and fall of our voices as we take turns with the pages.

This weekend, why not find a quiet space, your own cozy nook, and read a chapter or two of a good book?  

Enjoy today,




 P.S.  You are welcome here!  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment