1. Move. Easy-peasy, right? Simple as can be, really. If you're not moving each day, start. If you are, amp it up. You can start basic with things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking further away from the entrance door in a parking lot and taking your puppy for a quick tour of the neighborhood. Ahem. On foot. From there, pick it up to a quick run, a 30-minute walk, perhaps some exercise DVD's or a local YMCA membership. Sing the song while you are getting your exercise in, "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it."
2. Eat your greens. All that stuff your mama told you about health and fruits and veggies was true. Strive for multiple servings of vegetables and fruits at each and every meal. And maybe even in between meals. They will amp up your fiber intake and increase your energy by leaps and bounds.
3. Become a heavy drinker. Of water. Skip all the sodas, sweet tea, lemonade and what have you; and go straight for the pure stuff. Agua. Water will help to combat food cravings by helping you to feel full. In fact, oftentimes when you are hungry, you may actually be thirsty. Try drinking a big glass of the ice cold good stuff first, wait five minutes, and see if you are still hungry.
4. Go to sleep. I love the saying, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." And while I'm not so fixated upon financial status in this world, I do believe that sleep does contribute to a wealthy life in the form of relationships, work productivity and mental stability; among numerous other forms of wealth. I've heard it said that every hour you sleep before midnight equals two hours of sleep ~ going to sleep early is that valuable.
5. Stop counting calories. You heard it here first. Drop the number tabulating and instead try to focus on what you're putting into your system. The goal overall is to eat healthy and eat less. Make sure what you're taking in at every meal is food, real food. None of this over-processed chemical-laced business. If you're taking in real food -- less meat and mostly plants -- you don't have to think about the numbers.
6. Laugh. It's true. Let go, release a bit of tension and let a chortle escape; perhaps even a chuckle. Research shows that laughter burns calories and lifts your mood. Sounds like a win-win to me!
|My baby girl a couple years back making the silliest face EVER! For your laughing enjoyment.|
P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.