Saturday, February 9, 2013

Raising the Bar

We continued our weight room saga tonight with upper body weights.  I lay on the bench, ready to lift the solid bar when I felt a drop of rain fall upon my left cheek.  I looked up.  Rain?  In the weight room?

No.  It was my spotter.  Josh stood above me and his sweat from our cardio workout trickled down his cheeks and landed squarely on my face. 

"Grody!"

He smiled.

"All right, I'm about to pour all of myself into lifting this bar; please, please stop sweating on me."

His smile continued.

"Babe.  Just lift the bar."

So lift I did.  For three sets of ten reps I hoisted that unwieldy rod of metal high above my head then back down to my chest.  I grunted and heaved and worked that bar.

"Come on, Wendy, come on!"

"Shhhh!"  I hissed.

Now, you must understand the history here.  We have an unwritten formal pact that Josh never says a word to me when I work out.  Crazy, I know.  But here's the thing.  If he talks, I dissolve into giggles.  When I laugh, my strength just melts away. 

We completed our workouts silently and successfully, enjoying that feeling of accomplishment that comes with a job well done. 

And just for fun, here's a pic of what we ate after working out the other day.  Perfect exercise recovery meal!
 Enjoy today,




P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment