Friday, January 20, 2012

Jump For Joy

Source:  Bing Images


A new year!  I always anticipate a fresh start, a new beginning.

2012 snuck up on me a little bit, catching me unaware.  Some years seem to roar in, loudly announcing their presence and causing everyone in the room to stop and take notice.  The door flies open, and in rush the wind and elements.

2012 was different for me.  She slipped into the party quietly, smiling,  greeting those around her with a warm embrace and a brush of her lips upon my cheek (Colombian-style, of course!).  She said hello with a kind smile, eyes crinkling at the corners, quietly whispering of the hopes and plans in store for the days to come.

Source:  Bing Images

Which brings me to today.  20 days into the new year, and I am still feeling that quiet peace which comes from the Lord.  He grants us each new day.  And I am so very grateful for that quiet peace.  Yet today, I have coupled it with a second prayer, for you and for me:  JOY.  


I have asked the Holy Spirit, the very Presence of God Himself, who lives in us, moves in us, and through whom we have all of our being, to infuse this year with the essence of  JOY .  Unspeakable, incomprehensible, uncontainable joy.  This God who is alive, the only true and living God, fills us with joy in His presence.  And for that, today, I am very grateful.  And gratefully expectant.  

Thank you, Abba Father, for Your radiant presence and all-consuming fire of joy.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Enjoy today,

No comments:

Post a Comment