Thursday, January 26, 2012

Time for a Trim

Sitting at my office desk, steaming  mug of coffee on a dark wicker coaster, the lit flame of my pillar candle glows in a vintage garage-saled (yes, this is a verb) milk glass vase.  There is a brilliant piano and cello musical piece playing behind me on my stereo.  This is good.

Before
I trimmed one of my houseplants today.  Nothing major.  She wasn't ready for anything spunky or extraordinary; just a bit off the sides.  She said sassy wasn't quite for her today, maybe as spring drew a little nearer.  Nope, today she was just feeling like she needed to tidy up some loose ends.

So I obliged.

And after

I did simply as she asked; just a bit here, a bit there.  And then...for the best part.  I gathered up what was left over, the pieces that had been cut and pruned.  And I popped those babies in some beautiful Ball canning jars filled to the brim with water, bathed in sunlight.

Happy as clams in their new home
Where do we go from here, you ask?  Well.  This is just simply beautiful.  These little babies will, Lord willing and guided by His hand, form teeny tiny roots on their stems.   

New life.
Beautiful, glorious regeneration. 

And in time, when they are ready, I'll pot them in their own sweet little pots.  And then I'll give them away. 

Life.  It goes on and on and on.  And we are blessed to join in the adventure every day.  What to do when you're faced with a situation of pruning or cutting back?   

Flourish.  Grow.  Put down deep roots and soak in the sunshine.

And in time, you will see the growth.

"I AM the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  (Jesus)  ~John 15:5

Enjoy today,

No comments:

Post a Comment