Wednesday, June 13, 2012

When God Whispers

Josh & me in Nicaragua
"Look.  If I could tell you one thing about these people tomorrow, here it is."

"Speak to them about belief in God.  Faith."

"Share from your heart about the God of Abraham that we serve.  The God who told us to simply look at a mountain, tell it to move from here to there, and it will."

"Tell them to believe God."

Josh, preparing to share the message with the church body the next morning in Nicaragua, asked our interpreter and friend if there was anything he should know about the culture of the people he would be speaking to.
Josh preaching to Nicaraguan brothers and sisters
The Lord has been speaking this message again and again to my heart in the past weeks.

"Wendy."  I heard the One I Love's voice whisper in my heart as my hands were raised in our own North American worship service.

"Wendy." 

"As a small child you gave your heart to me.  You follow me when I call.  You listen for my voice."

"But do you believe ME?"

"Of course I believe in You, Abba, and trust you completely."

"But do you believe me?"

"Believe me."

 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me." ~Isaiah 43:9-11

Enjoy today,




P.S.  You are welcome here!  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Feel free to  join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment