Thursday, September 20, 2012

A-1, Class Act

Yesterday Caleb and I had the privilege of sharing the heart and mission behind www.lavameclean.com with a group of senior adults at a local church luncheon. 
All set to head out to our speaking engagement
Caleb helped me with the technology when I didn't know which button to push.  He sat next to me during the potluck and used his best manners.  He oversaw the contest we ran for those in attendance.

Can I just tell you how much I love this boy? 

He was top-notch.  In fact, as we were leaving, two of the gentlemen shook his hand and told him he was an "A-1, class act".  Now that is a fine compliment. 

Beaming with joy and satisfaction in his job well done, Caleb packaged up our soaps and poplar trays in boxes and hauled them off to the trunk of our car.  Each time I neared the door, arms loaded with supplies, he would rush ahead of me and hold the door wide. 

I gave him a big thank you hug and a crisp $10 bill for all of his efforts throughout the day. 

And then I thanked God.  I thanked him for this boy that I see ever so gradually growing into a man. 

9 years old.  9 years!  That's halfway to 18 and college!  What?! 

Grateful.  I remain grateful for each and every moment I spend with him:  knowing, teaching, loving, playing, admonishing, growing, disciplining and enjoying.  Parents, we are blessed indeed.  

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him."  Psalm 127:3

Enjoy today,




P.S.  You are welcome here!  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment