Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Language of Love

Pin It

"We speak the language of love."

"Here.  In our home.  Love."




"Your life, Lord willing, may be long and full.  Choose to speak love your whole life through.  You will have so many opportunities to speak love, show love, be love.  Love."

I speak this again and again and again over my children {over myself!} day in and day out.

I pray that our only language be that of love.  That when we open our mouths, words of love and honor pour forth; that we are filled with God's love, grace and compassion so deeply that the only thing that is able to reside in our spirits is love.

What is your language?
 
"And now I will show you the most excellent way.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails."  ~1 Corinthians 13:1-8a

Enjoy today,

No comments:

Post a Comment