Thursday, January 10, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 10

Day 10 is complete, and we are right at about 1/3 of the way through our journey!!  One Third!  This is huge.  Because one third is really close to one half; and if we hit the halfway mark, I know we will be able to see the light at the bottom of the smoothie glass.  And through that empty glass I spy a nice juicy cheeseburger waiting for me.  

But I digress.

Day 10 was hard.  Really hard.  I wanted to eat real food and chew something.  Even fast food is looking amazingly delicious to me, and I almost never crave fast food. 

I've noticed in times of not eating, or eating less, there's a bit of a drawing in process.  Time seems to slow a bit and everything else seems to slow right down with it.  The body moves with a bit more effort, and the brain seems to process things in a more methodical, focused manner.  Even my senses are heightened to extremes.

I've decided to focus my desire to eat in a proactive direction.
Our kind neighbor let me borrow his seed catalog yesterday when I was delivering some soap.  I am having the best time leafing through its pages and dreaming of all of these crisp veggies growing in our early spring garden!  We will probably be ordering a few of the same varieties, so we will split a few packets of seeds between our two houses.
He also loaned me this book for a few days.  It's been very helpful with allowing me to further understand in-ground gardening, as opposed to the raised square-foot beds I've had in the past.  I am so looking forward to those March days in spring planting lettuces, spinach, carrots, onions, peas and potatoes. 
And of course, we continue to sock spare change away in this little girl, saving up our coins for our coop that will one day house our hens! 

What about you?  Are you looking forward to spring?

Enjoy today,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive