Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 9


"Make it spicy."  A friend said when she heard of my V8 smoothie.

I looked around my kitchen.  Chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes; these were all options.

And then I remembered my vinegared hot peppers waiting in the fridge for a moment like this.  Gifted to us a couple months ago from our dear neighbors, they had soaked these little babies in vinegar.  When I asked him if we should eat the peppers, he laughed.  "Only if you want to."

Apparently, the peppers are certainly not for eating.  The vinegar has a crazy kick that can take you to the ground.

I made up a fresh batch of my new V8 smoothie this afternoon and knocked a little heat into it, Emeril style.  Bam.  

And there you have it.  Spicy V8.  Amazing.

Enjoy today,




P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive