Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 8

Notice the cutie potholders?  A dear friend made them for me for Christmas and I love them!

Fear not.

This piping hot homemade chicken pot pie was most definitely NOT my dinner.  Can't say I don't wish that it was, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.  (Yes, I am on a first-name basis with hunger these days and may be using food analogies a little more often than usual.)

See, I have these three growing children that need to be fed multiple times a day.  So although they're drinking the good green stuff with us every morning, I am still cooking their regular homemade nutrition-packed meals for lunch and dinner.

Someday they will understand just how much I love them and the depth of sacrifice I had to go to in order to do this while drinking vegetables through a straw.  Someday.  Right?

Sad little coffee grinder and coffee bean bag in the backdrop not getting much action these days.
This beauty right here, yep, this was my dinner.  Don't be jealous.  Pineapple, pistachio, almond milk, spinach, arugula, banana deliciousnous in a glass.  (Thanks for the recipe, Kathy!) 

Josh is traumatized over the chicken pot pie scent lacing the kitchen.  And why shouldn't he be?  Of course, in true gracious fashion, each time he screams "Why?" when walking by the room or moans in despair, I pleasantly remind him, "You did this.  Remember?  You do remember, right?  When we watched that documentary and you said you thought it would be fun to do this for 31 days, right?"  

And then I sweetly offer another cup of smoothie.

That said, today was an epic smoothie milestone day.

I discovered a new one out of my wretched state of desperation.

V8 green smoothie.

Y'all.  It's amazing!  You put your greens in, some stalks of celery and 1/2 a can of tomato sauce.  V8 in a green smoothie!  I was so excited to taste a green smoothie that was not sweet.  Beautiful relief.

I didn't have fresh tomatoes, so I'll be picking them up tomorrow and trying it that way as well.  I prefer to use the fresh whole fruit whenever possible.

My energy is still through the roof!  I did my first Zumba class ever tonight and loved it!  Not sure if I will ever get to sleep tonight my energy is so high.

Press on with your goals and resolutions, no matter how hard they may be.  Remember, the other side is always worth it.

Enjoy today,




P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive