Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 15

We inch ever closer to the halfway point, and I can't help but share the deep elation this evokes in my spirit.  In my mind if I can just make it to day 16, I can go all the way.  I think I need to look up some fresh recipes before my grocery shopping this week, though!  We're starting to repeat the same drinks again and again and again... you get the idea.

The results are stellar.  Josh is down 16 pounds in 15 days, and I am down about 11.  I have never been a big scale-watcher though, so frankly that it not my highest goal.  We simply wanted a good cleansing for the new year and to get healthy.  May I encourage you as well?  Don't make it your goal to be as skinny as possible.  Healthy.  A healthy body for the glory of God is the goal of any health and exercise plan.

So as we struggle to complete the duration of this 31 days of cleansing, I am reminded constantly that our God is for us and always with us.  My prayer has been that during this month, He would keep our eyes fixed firmly on his gaze, as Peter's was when walking on water to Jesus (minus the falling part).

A dear friend gifted me with this sweet work of art she picked up at a craft fair this Christmas.

Penned across the bottom is the phrase, "His eye is on the sparrow". 

As each day passes and brings us one day more closer to the completion of this task, I can't help but cling to that promise.  If our Lord sees and cares each time one tiny sparrow falls, how much more does He care for us?  He sees our struggles, and He is present in them with us.

Are you working on something, a goal perhaps, that seems absolutely insurmountable?  Are there times when you feel overwhelmed with the weight of it all; even when you cannot see the end of it?  Look into the eyes of Jesus, the One who cares for you far more richly and deeply than He cares for the birds of the air or the flowers of the field.  He will sustain you, and He is enough.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"  ~ Matthew 6:26

Enjoy today,
  



P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive