Saturday, January 5, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 5

I just gave myself a chicken broth facial.  It's true.

I have a beautiful homemade chicken stock simmering on the stove for my children's lunch of chicken noodle soup and cheese quesadillas.

It is quite possibly the very best smelling stock I have ever made.

Or perhaps it's the fact that I've been drinking smoothies for five days.

In any case, I leaned over the pot and deeply inhaled.  As the vapors enveloped my face, I closed my eyes and drifted away.  It's the simple things.

And then I made an executive decision.  Turning to the other burner, I put my lentils and chickpeas on a low simmer which had been soaking all night.

That's right.  I'm going for it.  A kale, lentil, chickpea and who knows what else smoothie. 

To my knowledge, this has not been tried to date.  I have Googled "chickpea lentil smoothie" and all combinations thereof.  No dice. There are all sorts of soups, bakes and salads; no smoothies.  Probably because it sounds awfully weird.

But here's the thing:  I'm just going for it.

I'll toss in some lemon, maybe some curry, and who knows?  Maybe it'll be on the grocery store shelves next month.  Just teasing.

I'll keep you posted!

Enjoy today,




P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive