Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 16

"Mama!"

We were riding home from tonight's church service.

"Mama, you look so young!  You do not look like you're in your 30's."

"Wow, thanks, Tannah!  So, I look like I'm about 10, right?"

"Noooo, Mom!  I don't mean that.  I just mean you look like you're in your 20's or something."

Wowsers.  Now, I don't know what my baby girl was seeing in the gleam of the oncoming headlights tonight, but I'll take it. 

Apparently, friends, we have discovered the fountain of youth.  And it is flowing with fruits and vegetables.  And water.  Lots and lots of ice water.

So, we're officially over halfway.  And something utterly magical happened today.  I didn't hit a low the whole day long.  Most every other day has found me depleted at some point, at least mentally from mourning not chewing. 

But not today.

Why? 

I have what is called a ray of hope.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been likening this cleanse to a bicycle race.  The first leg was straight uphill pedaling.  Just hard-core pushing.

And then last night we crossed over the pinnacle of the hill and are now coasting downhill.  Feet flying free above the pedals, ponytail whipping in the breeze, I now mentally coast to the 31st. 

And by God's grace, we will make it there.

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."  ~ Hebrews 12:1b

Enjoy today,




P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive